Building a coalition of suppliers for collaborative concepts.
Effective planning is the key to success and satisfaction when managing Overhead Crane projects. To make your planning easier, Crane Buzz offers a variety of resources for your use:
Cranes | Runways | Systems
- Project Planning Questionnaire
- Crane Data Sheet
- Bridge Crane Specifications
- CMAA Crane Service Classes with Duty Definitions
- CMAA, HMI, FEM & ISO: A Comparison of Service Classes and Duty Ratings
- CMAA Runway Tolerances
- ASCE Crane Rail and Accessories
- Patented Track: Take the mystery out of patented track
- Metal Building Crane Details by Nucor Building Systems: A detailed and well thought out presentation about cranes and how they can be integrated into a new metal building.
- Lindapter: Alternatives for steel connections of structural support structures, runways and monorails.
- LED Crane Light Questionnaire: BallastLED™ technology allows you to leverage existing crane light fixtures and ballasts, creating superior light quality, huge energy savings and a long like span. Just screw the replacement lamp into your existing 400W, 250W or 175W pulse-start or probe-start fixture. There is no need to bypass the existing ballast.
- NEMA Enclosure Types and Specifications (pdf)
- Understanding IP (International) and NEMA (US) Enclosure Ratings (pdf)
- If you are concerned that hazardous conditions may exist in your facility, please review this brief outline; Explanation of Explosion Proof Classifications, for more information. Also please note that this outline is for reference only and the current National Electric Code, and your insurance provider, should be consulted to determine your exact application and the appropriate safety precautions and preventative nature of the equipment that should be observed.
- Remote Control Solutions for Industrial Applications (pdf)
- Conductor Bar Basics (pdf)
- 3-Bar or 4-Bar Mainline Conductors – Which is Required; Why, When and How? Follow this link to a clarification letter from OSHA regarding their position on this subject.
- NEC Grounding Requirements
- Variable Frequency Drive Basics (pdf)
- Variable Frequency Drives Technical Guide (pdf) Large file may take some time to download.
- Variable Frequency Control of Crane Hoist Speed
- Below the Hook Lifting Device Basics (pdf)
- Chain Sling Basics (pdf)
- Crane Magnets and Their Uses (pdf)
- Magnet Application Data Sheet
- Guidance on the Safe Use of Magnetic Lifting Devices (pdf)
- Pre-Shift Crane and Hoist Check Plan
- Load Test Certificate For Overhead Cranes & Hoists: Blank document for your use (pdf)
- Overhead Crane Maintenance And Check Point Guidelines: Inspection and Maintenance of your EOT Crane
- Electric Overhead Traveling Crane Erection and Maintenance: Q&A format for installation, operation and safety guidance.
- Guidelines for Inspecting Overhead Crane Structures: This guide provides a comprehensive set of recommendations for structural inspection of overhead bridge cranes, trolley-hoists, runways and support systems.
- Diagnosing Bridge Crane Tracking Problems: This article provides a good starting point to help maintenance technicians and engineers solve tracking problems by the process of elimination.
Safety / Training
- Safety Manual for Overhead Crane Operators
- Safe Operation of Remote Controlled Equipment (pdf)
- Overhead Crane Safety Lecture (pdf)
- Sample Safety Program Overhead Cranes and Hoists
- Crane, Hoist and Sling Safety
- Hoisting and Rigging Safety
- Overhead Crane, Hoist, Lifting Devices, Rigging & Safety Overview
- Prevention of Major Industrial Accidents
- Whiting Crane Handbook: A fully downloadable PDF version of the classic design and engineering handbook.Crane Supporting Steel Structure Design Guide: Provides technical information for the design and construction of crane-supporting structures compatible with Canadian codes.
- Mill Tolerances for Structural Beams: Steel Mill standard manufacturing practices can be less demanding than CMAA requirements for beam straightness/sweep and camber. Protect your investment and check your purchased or fabricated steel beams for adherence to CMAA Runway Tolerances. You will also want to be sure that beam flanges are parallel and perpendicular to the web.
- Structural Beam Capacity Chart: A quick reference for capacity ratings or steel shapes based on support centers in excel format.
- Weights &Measures Conversion Calculator